[TriZPUG] August Meeting in Raleigh

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Wed Aug 8 21:28:19 CEST 2012

Our NCSU contact has run into a snag. After being put off for the last
couple of weeks, NCSU engineering classroom scheduling has finally said
it is not allowing any classroom reservations by students until after
classes start on Aug 16. That's only a week before the scheduled meeting.

We also have another NCSU contact who has an appointment on Monday to
talk to an NCSU classroom administrator who has override authority to
schedule a space for us while the scheduling system is still locked
until the 16th.

If we don't have another meeting location by the 16th, we can try again
then. But since we have a featured speaker for August (Mark Lavin's
upcoming DjangoCon presentation), I'm trying to show him some respect by
publicizing the meeting more than a week in advance.

Just letting you know the situation and why there hasn't been a meeting
announcement yet. We honestly try every month to have announcements a
month in advance. And it takes a few hours of work behind the scenes
each month to make that happen. But since we often have to rely on the
kindness of strangers with space, it sometimes takes longer.

Mark, do you have a title yet for your talk?

Chris Calloway http://nccoos.org/Members/cbc
office: 3313 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530