[TriZPUG] Wanted: Biased Opinions: Django or Pyramid (Pylons/BFG)?

J. Cliff Dyer jcd at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Mar 29 23:28:30 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 16:41 -0400, Chris Calloway wrote:
> On 3/29/2011 9:42 AM, Chris Rossi wrote:
> > On the plus side, almost none of your
> > experience with Zope/Plone will carry over.  ;)
>
> That's so clever!
>
> Pyramid: Pay for what you eat; brown bagging welcome. Documentation
> is
> off the charts amazing.
>
> Django: All you can eat fixed price frozen food buffet sitting under
> heat lamps; extra service charge for bringing in your own food.
> Everyone
> you know goes there.

Also clever, but pretty inaccurate for most versions of Django > 0.96 in
my experience.  Django provides relatively straightforward hooks for
overriding most default behavior, and documents those techniques clearly
and in a well-organized fashion.

I know the post says biased opinions wanted, but let's try to keep them
informative rather than flamey, shall we?  If you have actual critiques
of actual behavior and design decisions in Django, that would be very
useful.  What you have said, in my opinion, is not useful.

Cheers,
Cliff