[TriZPUG] January meeting

James Whisnant jwhisnant at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 19:05:32 CET 2011

Sorry I won't be able to make the meeting this evening, but you might also
consider ipdb as a debugger.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ipdb

The biggest things I like about ipdb (differerences from pdb):
1) colored syntax
2) tab completion
3 paging through matching methods in tab completion if there is a large
number
4) pinfo - shows you the source code for, and information about a method
(type,file,base class,argspec)

ipython is also a good choice for an interactive python shell - it has some
extras over the python shell.
ipdb requires ipython.