[TriZPUG] PyCon 2011 Call for Proposals

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Mon Oct 11 17:47:54 CEST 2010

TriZPUG,

The PyCon 2011 Conference will be in Atlanta again March 9-17.

A difference in PyCon this year is that attendance will be capped. The
cap is 1,500 delegates.

Conference days are March 11-13.

Tutorial days are March 9-10.

Sprint days are March 14-17.

The call for talks, tutorials, and posters has gone out:

http://us.pycon.org/2011/home/
http://us.pycon.org/2011/speaker/
http://us.pycon.org/2011/speaker/proposals/
http://us.pycon.org/2011/speaker/proposals/tutorials/
http://us.pycon.org/2011/speaker/posters/cfp/

The talk proposal deadline to submit is November 1.
The poster proposal deadline is January 19.

This year a new talk type has been introduced, the "extreme" talk. This
is a talk with no introduction or explanation of background, just pure
technical meat:

http://us.pycon.org/2011/speaker/extreme/

I hope many of you submit proposals. I hope all of you will go. Our club
had great attendance last year.

office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530