[TriZPUG] determining libraries for python programs

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Sat Nov 20 15:36:11 CET 2010

For a regular binary you can use ldd to determine the
dynamic libraries. What do you do to determine the libraries
used for a python program? I have a python program that uses
tkInter, but when I do ldd on /usr/local/bin/python, libtk
doesn't show up. My python program must ask for libtk. How
do I check the libraries that the my python program calls?

Thanks Joe