[TriZPUG] Ride Share to PyCon '10

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 22:51:37 CET 2010

So, along the line of sharing, a bunch of WSGI people (mostly
TurboGears at this stage, but we want to integrate a bit with Zope or
Django people too) are getting together to rent this villa:
http://www.vrbo.com/255327.  It's available for the entire duration of
the conference +tutorals + sprints (check in 2/16 check out 9AM 2/26),
and we could fit a couple more people (there are 10 slots/beds total).
 The rules are:

Everyone pays the same amount, whether you stay the whole time or not
(one attendee will be sponsored though).
Organizers and sponsored attendee get first dibs on beds, every one
else is first come first served, but each gets their own bed unless a
sharing arrangement is worked out in advance.
There will be a few cars to ferry people to the Marta station/grocery
store: http://bit.ly/52MDyO
Something about an open bottle of WSGI

If you're going to be there a week or longer, it'll be a pretty good
deal, we're hoping about $5-600 per person/bed.

If you want more info, let me know.

Joseph

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Chris Calloway <cbc at unc.edu> wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2009, at 1:41 PM, Joseph Tate wrote:
>>
>> Having just completed my PyCon registration, I'm thinking about how to
>> get down there, and think I would drive to avoid the hassles of
>> airplane travel.  Anyone else interested?
>>
>> I'm planning on skipping the tutorials, but would like to stay for a
>> couple of days of sprints.
>

> Catherine Devlin, the PR person for PyCon, has been encouraging user groups
> to carpool to PyCon.
>
> I was planning on flying. But with recent events and too many hours and too
> much aggravation spent in airports in the last year, I've just had it with
> security theater that is not making us safer.
>
> So I'm renting a car (in order to have a nice new trouble-free ride) and
> driving to PyCon this year.
>
> I would be glad to have any passengers who can stand my taste in indie rock.
>
> The only hang-ups are that:
>
> 1) I am driving down the day before the conference proper (Thursday). So I'm
> not going to any pre-conference stuff like tutorials or summits
>
> 2) I am driving back on the day after the conference proper (Monday). So I'm
> not going to any post-conference sprints. (Sorry, this is all on my dime and
> I'm a poor state employee, not a high roller consultant. I spent all my
> conference sprint Forints in Budapest at PloneCon this year.)
>
> 3) I'm staying at the conference Hyatt and intend to park my behind at the
> hotel once there and not go roving all over town.
>
> So, if that fits anyone's needs, I'm your safe driver.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Chris Calloway
> http://www.secoora.org
> office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530
> mail: Campus Box #3300, UNC-CH, Chapel Hill, NC 27599

Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com
Web: http://www.dragonstrider.com