[TriZPUG] JOB: Two Python/Plone Positions Open @ UNC

Josh Johnson josh_johnson at unc.edu
Wed Nov 18 17:44:47 CET 2009

Hey everybody,
As I mentioned at a meeting a while back, I'm building a software
development team, and I've got two positions opening up. Well, they've
officially been opened.

https://s4.its.unc.edu/RAMS4/details.do?reqId=0911083&type=S
https://s4.its.unc.edu/RAMS4/details.do?reqId=0911084&type=S

We're looking for 2 mid-level Python developers that are either good
with Plone or don't mind becoming really good with Plone :) We've got
some existing Plone infrastructure that we really want to utilize, but
we're starting from the ground up for the most part. There's potential
and room here for other solutions.

The emphasis is on thorough, sound programming, not the framework we
use. Enthusiasm is a big plus.

We don't have a dedicated sysadmin, so the whole team will be involved
in maintaining and configuring the application infrastructure, so
experience with that is another big plus, but not a necessity.

I'm in the process of establishing that infrastructure this very
minute, and my focus is on keeping the maintenance burden as light as
possible. This is a *pager-free* infrastructure.

We'll be strongly encouraged to document and publish our solutions in
various scientific and bioinformatics journals. This is a really good
opportunity to get published and get specific recognition for your work.

Feel free to contact me directly for more unofficial, informal
information. If you'd like to apply, you have to use the "Apply for
This Position" link on the job postings.

I won't be able to make tomorrow's meeting (going out of town till the
1st), but I will be checking e-mails and would be happy to talk to any
interested parties (in an unofficial and informal manner) anytime :)

Thanks,
JJ