[TriZPUG] informal Triangle Django Users Group starting

Tobias McNulty tobias at caktusgroup.com
Mon Nov 9 19:20:33 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Gary Poster <gary.poster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any chance we could combine these?  I'd personally hate to see a
> split like this, and would strongly prefer to see, effectively, a unified
> TriPUG.

Hi Gary - our intent is certainly not to split off from the main
Python user group in the area, so I apologize if it came off that
way(!); we're simply trying to augment what's already here with
something Django-specific.  I think there's room for both: More formal
meetings (and less formal socializing too, I'm sure) at Tri(Z)PUG, and
a smaller subset that is Django users who meet on a less regular and
less formal basis.

I'm certainly open to a discussion about how we'd combine them, but
I'm looking for ways to specifically foster the local Django community
and I'm not sure TriPUG is the way to do it (for the record, "TriPUG"
seems to be taken by the PHP folks).  If nothing else, I see TriDjUG
as a way of bring people in to the broader Python community who might
not have found it otherwise.  I'd venture a guess that at least a
small number of Django developers came to Python through Django, and
not the other way around.

What about keeping the "TriDjUG" name but somehow grouping it under
the larger TriZPUG umbrella?

Thanks for voicing your concerns and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Tobias
--
Tobias McNulty
Caktus Consulting Group, LLC