[TriZPUG] Python classes?

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Tue May 12 02:28:44 CEST 2009

On 5/6/2009 3:20 PM, Tom Roche wrote:
>> COMP  116  INTRO SCIENTIFIC PROG  LEC  3.0
>>   91712  001  MWF  09:30AM-10:45AM  BISHOP,  G  FB  F009  OPEN
>>   SECTION: PYTHON  SEATS AVAILABLE: 54

Thanks, Tom. I think it's a good idea to post all local Python training
opportunities here, no matter when they are.

Maybe you can get Dr. Bishop interested in TriZPUG. I emailed him more
than once including before we started up PyCamp. We were looking for
instructors and he seemed to have several Python projects listed among
his interests. But I never got a reply. I'd love to have him speak to
the group, especially if he's a part of the dump Matlab/adopt Python
movement in scientific computing.

As regards PyCamp, it will take place next at the University of Toronto,
sponsored by the Department of Physics, July 13-17. The curriculum has
been completely revised for 2009 based on feedback:

http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/pycamp-toronto-2009/

In other news, The Definitive Guide to Plone has come out in an entirely
newly updated Second Edition. It looks like it might be what we've been
looking for as far as updated Plone books go:

http://apress.com/book/view/1430218932

http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530