[TriZPUG] Fwd: World Plone Day 2009

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Mon Feb 23 15:08:48 CET 2009

TriZPUG,

We had a World Plone Day event last year right after Plone Conference.

After the event, I suggested to the planning committee that right
after conference was maybe not the best time for such an event. They
solicited when would be a good time. I suggested April. Lo and behold,
they went for my suggestion.

Now it is almost April, World Plone Day has been set for April 22.

Due to a lot of factors, I'm probably not the best person to organize
World Plone Day locally this year.

If you would like to do that, below is a message from the global
organizer pointing to the website for World Plone Day. You'd probably
also want to join the World Plone Day group on openplans.org and the
Plone evangelism email list.

BTW, the figures are in for PyCon early bird registration. 625 people
are already registered. Taking that number and plugging it into trends
from the last two years, it looks like PyCon will have 1400 attendees
this year. You may want to book your room now if you haven't already.
There are two hotels reserved for PyCon this year.

http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530

Begin forwarded message: