[triangle-zpug] UML + AXG -- Re: Plone Jam 3/20/08

Rob Lineberger rob_lineberger at med.unc.edu
Tue Mar 18 20:01:14 CET 2008

I have the same dream as you, but with something that generates a
working Plone 3 product.

I can (and in fact, recently did) present a tutorial on 2.5-style UML >>
AGX >> Plone.  I'd be happy to do the same thing at a Plone Jam now that
the kinks have been worked out, but with a "real" UML model.  But the
Plone community seems pretty set on Zope3 tech, which Josh is much more
versed in.

In other words, I suspect that model driven development is falling out
of favor, for good reasons according to people who know what they are
doing.  Instead of refining that process, it might make more sense to
explore the new way.

Or perhaps a hybrid, or a face off... ?

Rob