[triangle-zpug] GetPaid Update: code, call, fundraising

Christopher Johnson cjj at ifpeople.net
Tue May 22 16:52:07 CEST 2007

Hi folks!

Please excuse cross postings...wanted to make sure our multiple
community circles received the latest update on the GetPaid commerce
product which we started at BBQ Sprint.

It's an exciting time for a growing community supporting GetPaid -
development is underway for our first release! The alpha release, "Red
Ochre", has been moving along and we are happy to report on progress, as
well as an update on our "social source" funding drive.

See the full article (also pasted below) on our blog:
http://plonegetpaid.com/updates or subscribe to our feed!

Best wishes,
Chris

--
ifPeople - Innovation for People
www.ifpeople.net

Show me the code!

This past week, Kapil took on GetPaid head on and has been making great
progress<http://groups.google.com/group/getpaid-dev/browse_thread/thread/f84cd...>
towards the Red Ochre
release<http://plone.org/products/plonegetpaid/releases/0.1>!
An excerpt:

 from the admin screens you can now activate content types to
 be available as buyable, shippable. the admin pages have also
 switched out to a set of tabbed views from a single view.

 from within the plone ui navigation, for content types configured
 for it within the admin screens, you can enable an individual
 piece of content to be one purchasble, and edit its purchase settings.

Read complete update
email<http://groups.google.com/group/getpaid-dev/browse_thread/thread/f84cd...>.
The latest also includes work on the shopping cart. If you want to grab
the code and check it out, check out the easy process thanks to the use
of zc.building! The Getting Start
doc<http://code.google.com/p/getpaid/wiki/DevGettingStarted>explains
it all.

For those of you anxious for the latest news, we will have a conference
call this Wednesday, May 23 at 1pm Eastern for an update on the
product's development. Please join us! Dial in to 605-725-3600 with
access code 69812 .

Social Source Fundraising

We realize that commerce is a serious need in Plone's toolkit. We have
all been waiting for it to just "emerge" from the community, but
unfortunately, it hasn't yet. So...we decided to fast-track that by
going beyond the volunteer efforts at sprints to actually fund
development. Just as Open Source relies on a group of individuals to
contribute to the whole, our "social source" funding model relies on
individuals, organizations, and businesses in the community to
contribute the pieces that make funding possible.

You can seeour ChipIn widget on the site - www.plonegetpaid.com . Our
"Red Ochre" Release has a cost of $7,500, of which we have secured
$4,500 from sponsors already. Now we are pursuing more community
contributions to raise the remaining funds. If you would like to be a
sponsor or make a contribution, please check out our Sponsorship
page<http://plonegetpaid.com/updates/archive/2007/05/sponsor/become-a-sponsor>.
Thanks to Jon Stahl for getting out our fundraising letter to Plone
users
list<http://www.nabble.com/Help-support-e-commerce-in-Plone---sponsor-Plon...>.

Sponsors include:

   - ifPeople