[triangle-zpug] Jython talk?

Mark R. Biggers biggers at utsl.com
Mon Jun 25 18:13:43 CEST 2007

Hi Frank, your offer sounds great.

Frank Wierzbicki writes:
 > Hi all,
 >
 > I recently joined this list and I thought I'd introduce myself.  My
 > name is Frank Wierzbicki, and I am the current lead maintainer of
 > Jython (http://www.jython.org) and was wondering if there is enough
 > local interest for me to speak on Jython for trizpug?  Jython is

For this Python-oriented (strong interest Plone, Zope, Django, ...)
group, we might like to know about:

  () if WSGI can (now) be made to work on Jython.  Turbogears or
     Pylons running on Jython could be really useful...

  () the progress of "standard" Py lib modules working on Jython

  () maybe a (brief) compare/contrast to PyPy, in terms of ongoing
     progress

  () other "enterprise" industry interest in Jython, beyond a IBM
     WebSphere app-deployment language (yow!)

  () maybe a (brief) compare/contrast to all the "excitement" and Sun
     involvement with JRuby (sigh...)

Assume that folks  (except for Java developers) don't  know much about
WebSphere or JACL  or any such Java tech.   Us former WebSphere admins
want to forget their past, anyways... ;)

This is exciting, looking forward to it!

thank you,
----mark