[triangle-zpug] python hosting plan from $8.25/mo...

Robert Geiger robert at geigers.net
Mon Apr 2 19:39:07 CEST 2007

1 - Zettai is going out of business any day now....

2 - I have a Fedora "Virtual Server" on GoDaddy that works perfectly.  I
installed Webmin, Plone, etc., and it runs like a garden hose and it's
fast.  It really works great, and I have 10 plone sites on one server.
It's up all the time, and I have had ZERO problems with it.  I get free
backup space for the entire "drive" and it costs about $40/month.

3 - Getting a server of any kind is requirements driven.  If you need
huge bandwidth, high throughput and availability, rollover backups,
redundancy, et al, then probably, virtual servers are not for you.  If
you want a very simple solution for working on sites, development team
efforts, low to medium bandwidth, easy maintenance and backups, then
maybe a virtual server will do ya fine.

4 - Being in the "hardware business" so to speak, is a real questionable
thing, when you can let others handle that stuff (and pay them to do it,
yes, you get what you pay for in that respect).  You don't want to have
to rebuild that box/os/etc. just to get your site back up and running
after a hardware failure... unless that's your thing.

rg

--

Robert Geiger
919.271.7132