[Tkinter-discuss] Detecting tk/tcl include library path

Vasilis Vlachoudis Vasilis.Vlachoudis at cern.ch
Wed Oct 16 03:21:14 EDT 2019

Great! Many thanks
both work nicely on linux.
I will test it on other OS and versions

Vasilis

From: Tkinter-discuss [tkinter-discuss-bounces+vasilis.vlachoudis=cern.ch at python.org] on behalf of E [emilianogavilan at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 19:52
To: tkinter-discuss at python.org
Subject: Re: [Tkinter-discuss] Detecting tk/tcl include library path

El 15/10/2019 a las 01:02 p. m., Vasilis Vlachoudis escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> how can I detect in a makefile the path of the include C header files of
> tk/tcl?

Two ways.

> There is no tk-config program to return it like other package.
In the default configuration, both Tcl and Tk provides .pc files to use
with pkg-config, who became the de-facto standard for registering
package configuration and compilation options. Try

$ pkg-config --cflags tk
-I/usr/local/include

The other option is to use the information recorded in the Tcl binary.

$ echo 'puts [tcl::pkgconfig get includedir,install] | tclsh'
/usr/local/include

since both Tcl and Tk are usually installed in the same --prefix

Regards
Emiliano