[Tkinter-discuss] How to handle any Windows message (eg. WM_GETOBJECT)?

Michael Lange klappnase at web.de
Tue Dec 10 06:11:50 EST 2019

Hi,

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 12:49:27 +0200
Aivar Annamaa <aivar.annamaa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> It looks like accessibility support in Tk won't happen
> (https://core.tcl-lang.org/tk/tktview/deb6cddecf55c6921281f8f855b6b366aed6467e).
> I'm wondering is it somehow possible to bolt on some accessibility
> support at least on Windows.
>
> It looks like the starting point is that the app should be able to
> provide customized responses to WM_GETOBJECT messages. I didn't find
> such name in Tk source code. Does it mean Tk event loop simply drops
> these? Is it somehow possible to install an extra WM event handler to
> catch these?

have you tried to do something like

def test():
    print('hello')
root.wm_protocol('WM_GETOBJECT', test)

I have no idea what WM_GETOBJECT does and if there is any chance that
this will work, though :)

Regards

I realize that command does have its fascination, even under
circumstances such as these, but I neither enjoy the idea of command
nor am I frightened of it.  It simply exists, and I will do whatever
logically needs to be done.
		-- Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2812.7