[Tkinter-discuss] TKinter and Python asyncio

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 5 07:12:27 EST 2018

On 19/12/17 23:40, c.buhtz at posteo.jp wrote:

> I need to download between 100 or 200 xml-like files from different
> locations. More specific: I use "feedparser" to get rss/atom feeds.

The issue is probably not how many files you need but how
many sites you need. If it is 1 file per site I'd definitely
go with asyncio (and added complexity) but if its only a few
sites(3 or 4 say?) then a thread per site might suffice and be simpler.

You could of course just use one thread and process all sites
in turn from there if your desired polling interval is not
too short. In other words if all you want to do is stop the
GUI from blocking a single thread is all you need and by
far the simplest option.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site