[Tkinter-discuss] multicolumn list/tree with images

Michael Lange klappnase at web.de
Thu Feb 15 05:19:28 EST 2018

Hi,

On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 01:14:53 +0100
<c.buhtz at posteo.jp> wrote:

> I experimented with tkinter.ttk.Treeview and tkinter.Listbox on Python3.
>
> I need a list widget with multiple columns (this could be Treeview).
> But I need images as values. I don't want to use column '#0' for
> images. Images should appear in the second column for example.
>
> Tk itself has a treectrl. Maybe it is possible with it? But I don't
> know how to use this with Python3.
>
> Maybe there are other third party solutions around?

with ttk.Treeview you can add images only to the first column.

There are several third party solutions available, though.
TkinterTreectrl is a wrapper for the tktreectrl tcl extension and
contains a multi column listbox class that can be set up to use images in
any column:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tktreectrl/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tkintertreectrl/
(seems like sf's project pages are down today, but downloads are
possible).

There are some other alternatives that I (being somewhat biased
towards the treectrl :) have never been using myself, which should be able
to do this, like tablelist and maybe tktable, you can look at this
archived page for more information and download links:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140412080251/http://tkinter.unpythonic.net:80/wiki/Widgets

Finally there seems to be a tix.TList widget which might be able to do
what you want, though I never used it myself, see
https://docs.python.org/3/library/tkinter.tix.html

Best regards

You'll learn something about men and women -- the way they're supposed
to be.  Caring for each other, being happy with each other, being good
to each other.  That's what we call love.  You'll like that a lot.
		-- Kirk, "The Apple", stardate 3715.6