[Tkinter-discuss] Listbox size

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Tue Feb 13 17:36:55 EST 2018

I know how to find the number of items. Just like you show.

No, this is not the size of the box. I have maybe 2000 entries. I can set
the current selection, etc with code like this:

  self.lb.select_clear(ACTIVE)   # needed to un-hilite existing selection
  self.lb.activate(x)                     # make new item active
  self.lb.see(x-10)                       # force display from 10 previous
lines
  self.lb.select_set(x)                 # and select the new item

If the listbox is 20 lines high, this works perfectly. But, if it is a
different size, it doesn't center. In my case I don't know the size of box,
so the "-10" is a not-to-intelligent guess.

Thanks.

--

**** Listen to my FREE CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca