[Tkinter-discuss] Add text to desktop

Dudi Goldenberg dudi at kolcore.com
Thu May 26 01:32:50 EDT 2016

Hi Kevin and Hexamorph,

I understand your point.

The choice of Python was done for its good and easy support for my hardware (BeagleBone Black).

While the project functionality is complete, I am now facing the need to display small amount (3-5 strings) on the desktop as I explained in previous posts.

During my tests using many examples for various sources, I had the text displayed in a borderless/title-less window, if only I could make the background transparent, I could use this.

If there is no solution using Python - I'll search for a solution to this in any other language and incorporate it in my Python source.

I just got Hexamorph's reply - I'm off to dig into the option, I am on Debian 7 with openbox WM.

Thanks & Regards,

D.