[Tkinter-discuss] Different fonts in 3.3?

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Thu May 15 03:22:04 CEST 2014

In article
<CAFBvUashE79zjwjR+eGEXmApyFir2Pm4ucpfiPx3ppyfBCJ6_A at mail.gmail.com>,
 Josef Eschgfaeller <esg at unife.it> wrote:
> Yes. I find this with tkinter.Tcl().eval('info patchlevel')
> which gives 8.4.19 and 8.5.15.
>
> > the Apple-supplied system Tcl/Tk 8.5
>
> I installed today Python 3.4. But some time
> ago I installed ActiveTcl 8.6, which in the
> Frameworks directory is also Current.
>
> Does this mean, that the new Python 3.4
> has been installed with Apple's Tcl and
> not with the ActiveTcl version?

Ah, sorry, I overlooked the "8.5.15" above.  That seems to indicate that
you've already installed ActiveTcl 8.5.15.  The fact that you've
installed ActiveTcl 8.6.x, which changed the Current link in the Tcl and
Tk frameworks, has no effect on which version a particular Python
dynamically links to at run time.  The Current link affects building
_tkinter, not running it.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org