[Tkinter-discuss] divergent behaviour(complete code)

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 24 19:45:00 CEST 2014

On 22/06/14 23:18, Alan Gauld wrote:

> Does anyone know why double-click and button versions
> of the same method result in different locations? I'm
> assuming that somehow the dialog (TopLevel widget) sees
> the screen as its parent in one version but the
> original window as parent in the other - maybe...?

Here is a complete example that shows the same behaviour...

import Tix as tk
#this uses a local copy of Fred Lundh's Dialog class from his web site
# not the standard library version which is very similar...

import tkDialog

class MainWin(tk.Frame):
    def __init__(self,parent):
       tk.Frame.__init__(self,parent)
       L = tk.Label(self,text='double click me')
       L.pack()
       L.bind('<Double-1>',self.show)
       tk.Button(self,width=30,text='push me', command=self.show).pack()
       self.pack()

    def show(self,ev=None):
       testD(self)

class testD(tkDialog.Dialog):
    def body(self,parent):
        tk.Label(self,text="How'd I do?").pack()

top = tk.Tk()
app = MainWin(top)
top.mainloop()

--