[Tkinter-discuss] help: _tkinter.TclError appears when calling tkMessageBox.showinfo

focalization hxs7709 at tom.com
Fri Feb 17 10:34:37 CET 2012

The possible reason has been found (still not clear about the root cause).
Multiple tk in my environment lead to some collision.

There have 3 tk in my environments:
/usr/local/lib/tk8.5 with 8.5.11
/usr/lib/tk8.5 with 8.5.11
/usr/share/tk8.5 with 8.5.7, which should be installed by rpm in fedora

So, after I remove the /usr/local/lib/tk8.5 and /usr/lib/tk8.5, the code
works now.
Also the code for wish from Michael works, also.
    tk_messageBox -type ok -message "aaaaaaa" -icon info