[Tkinter-discuss] Limit to the number of canvases in a top_level object?

Steve Solomon strider1066 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 19:49:30 CEST 2011

Hello,

Is there  a limit to the number of canvases in a top_level object -- one
maybe ? I have been trying to solve this problem with an application for
several weeks. In the application I have two canvases, each with a grid of
rectangle objects. They display perfectly but when I try to interact with
the rectangles they behave anomalously. Using canvas.find_closest(event.x,
event.y) the rectangles in the first drawn canvas behave normally, allowing
configuring each, but within the second canvas the rectangles report back
the id of only one of the rectangles and an attempt to change the fill-color
of any one is applied only to the last item in the grid.

Your thoughts would be appreciated, thank you

Steve