[Tkinter-discuss] Tkinter - Drawing Webcam Images?

Krb686 Krb686 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 22:43:08 CEST 2010

I'm pretty new to Python and Tkinter, so there might be an easier or more
advanced way of doing this that I don't know of, but bear with me.  I'm
making a simple webcam gui using VideoCapture and PIL, and I realized that
to get the video working you must retrieve and display the images in a loop
on the gui, but you can't do this normally without threading because then
the gui won't update any more, or at least as far as I know.  So I need some
help on this if anyone knows an easier way to do this without threading.
And is it possible to allow your own code to run within the tkinter
mainloop? Because then I could just allow it to update with the gui mainloop
and not use threading.