[Tkinter-discuss] Entry Widget that can't enter into at first.

Firat Ozgul ozgulfirat at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 10:57:57 CEST 2010

Actually, I can reproduce the error described by the original poster... I am
not exactly sure about the true dynamics of the solution, but after_idle()
method seems to solve the problem in a way. Perhaps, for one reason or the
other, the program cannot return to the main window properly even though the
open dialog is terminated.

Therefore:
[code]
    def __init__(self, parent=None, picdir='.', artdir='.', **args):
        Frame.__init__(self, parent, args)
        self.parent = parent
        self.makeWidgets()
        self.pack(expand=YES, fill=BOTH)
        self.makeBindings()
        self.opens = picdir
        self.artpics = artdir
        self.drawn  = None

        #note the use of after_idle()
        self.begin = self.after_idle(self.onOpen)

        self.pick = 'TBD'
        return
[/code]