[Tkinter-discuss] Returning control from a toplevel

Guido Carballo-Guerrero charras at me.com
Wed Apr 28 18:38:52 CEST 2010

Michael;

What I did to solve the problem, was put the while loop inside of a function, so when I'm exiting the toplevel windows, I call that function, in that way I get back into the while loop. Is there a problem with this? What is the problem of calling the mainloop in the various windows? Why I can't display the pictures unless I call the mainloop inside of the toplevel windows? What happens when I call the mainloop inside of the toplevel windows, that kick me out of the while loop? Cause you're right, when I don't call mainloop inside of the new toplevel window, everything keeps running in the main program as if anything had happen.

Regards!

Guido