[Tkinter-discuss] mtTkinter version 0.2 uploaded

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 16:23:56 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Allen Taylor
<Allen.Taylor at mdacorporation.com> wrote:
>>ii) It doesn't use a busy loop in order to get the thread responsible
>>for the interpreter, instead it will re-schedule the call as much as
>>needed (tests needed for possible problems here)
> By "re-schedule", do you mean to use a queuing techique, or do you plan on
> indefinitely polling?

On Tcl side a queue is always used, but on Python side you don't have
these nice functions for enqueueing events for specific threads so I'm
hoping that eventually (by using
Py_BEGIN_ALLOW_THREADS/Py_END_ALLOW_THREADS or similar code) the
thread I want will be used.

--
-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves