[Tkinter-discuss] Opening a .py that uses Tkinter on OS X pops open a console window

Jonathan Frankel jonathan at wikiterra.net
Tue Mar 18 16:17:34 CET 2008

Hi all,

I've written a little app that looks quite handsome on OS X, much more
than on Windows, but when I double click on it to open it (and the
default is to launch using Python Launcher), a console appears in the
background, and then even stays open after I close the Tkinter window.
On Windows I changed the extension to .pyw and it works fine--no
command prompt in the background.

How do I run a Tkinter application on OS X without having a console
window appear in the background?

Thanks much,
Jonathan