[Tkinter-discuss] Issue with scrolling in a Text() widget on a mac

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Sat Jul 19 19:34:35 CEST 2008

Alexnb wrote:

> As far as I know I've got the latest python, I code with 2.5, but I am not
> sure about Tk(). How can I check? My mac is updated as well. It's a macbook.
> But I don't see how that would make a difference.

root.tk.call('info', 'patchlevel') will give you the version of Tk that
you are running.

If it's 8.4.7 (the Apple-installed version)  I'm not sure what to
suggest--I'm not aware of any bugs with scrolling in the text widget,
but that version is three years old and is not going to get patched.

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin