[Tkinter-discuss] Icon on title bar in macOSX

Alexnb alexnbryan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 09:43:41 CEST 2008

I know that in a normal windows python Tkinter app you would use:

root.wm_iconbitmap("/Icons for App/Windows.ico")

to make an icon in the title bar. However, when you do that in mac OSX you
can't see it. I am not sure if it is because the x - and+ are on the left
side, or because it just doesn't support MacOSX. Looking at other programs
none of them have it either. I am just wondering is it possible to put an
icon in the top title bar.