[Tkinter-discuss] Best way to create a loading type bar or dot....

Alexnb alexnbryan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 10:05:05 CEST 2008

This may be hard to explain using text, but you have all seen one. What I
need to do is to create an object like a loading bar ( a bar like the little
bar that comes up when you boot into xp or the circle that comes up when you
boot into mac or on the tabs in firefox) or I would like a dot, that starts
grey or red and goes to green once the action is completed. The action is
getting something from the internet. But I am wondering what is the best way
to go about doing this in Tkinter, I am thinking maybe a canvas thing? I
have never used the canvas aspect but I am just wondering what is the best
way to do such a thing? Oh and I forgot, but on the loading bar I don't care
if it is timed right, I just want it to like go from empty to full, over and
over again and stay full when the information is received. So I would love
your input!