[Tkinter-discuss] Slightly OT: signals

Bob Greschke bob at passcal.nmt.edu
Fri Jan 11 18:04:10 CET 2008

I have a Tkinter program running on one of those ASUS EeePC's
(Xandros Linux).  When you close the lid the computer goes into
standby.  Does anyone know what/if any signal would be sent to my
program?  I've tried the obvious ones (SIGHUP, SIGTSTP, etc.) but
haven't seen them.  I need to close some virtual comm ports (for a
USB to serial dongle) before the thing shuts down or it isn't pretty
when the lid is reopened; the /dev/ttyUSBx devices just aren't there
for the program to access.  If the ports aren't in use when the lid
is closed everything seems to come back up OK.

Thanks!

Bob