[Tkinter-discuss] radiobutton initial selection

Howard Lightstone howard at eegsoftware.com
Tue Jan 30 00:41:03 CET 2007

I am trying to get a radiobutton without an indicator to show selection
state.  Calling .invoke() in the widget causes all the callback things to
happen but ...

The button does NOT show the 'selected' state like it does if I click on
the button with the mouse.

.select() and .invoke() do not seem to change this display issue.

Is there another way to get the select highlighting (sunken button) to
happen?

I am using 2.2.3 (with Tk 8.3) but it works the same way with 2.5 (and tk
8.4.14).

Is this a tk bug?   It looks like _tkinter just passes on arguments to tk
with minimal processing.