[Tkinter-discuss] OptionMenu, change the list of choices

Cameron Laird Cameron at phaseit.net
Tue Oct 24 17:54:13 CEST 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 05:30:28PM +0200, Vasilis Vlachoudis wrote:
			.
			.
			.
> changed (see below). Is it really necessary all the lambda... function I
> am doing or there is a smarter way of doing the job?
			.
			.
			.
In general, any time you code with a lambda (an anonymous
function), you might equally well choose to define a named
function, and use that instead.  The choice between them
is a matter of style, for comparable functionality is avail-
able either way.

Modern Python style generally *deprecates* lambdas in favor
of named functions.  Tkinter might be one of the domains
where lambdas are most common.