[Tkinter-discuss] How to dettach a Toplevel

Sorin Schwimmer sxn02 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 18:35:22 CET 2006

Mainloop is included.  Basically, the daemon starts a thread that waits for KDE, and does its
job in the main thread. The function that is started looks like this:

def inittk():
  global rtk
  while True:
    sleep(60)
    try:
      rtk=Tk(screenName=':0.0')
    except:
      continue
    break
  rtk.mainloop()

I omitted labels, entries, the undecoration, withdrawal... but I guess you have the idea of what I
try to accomplish.

The only thing that goes to my mind is that I start mainloop, but then, as the function and the thread are going out of scope, they take mainloop with them.

Pointers are welcomed...

Thanks,
Sorin

http://new.mail.yahoo.com