[Tkinter-discuss] tkFileDialog: shuts down root window

mopman dnichols32 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 21 18:02:27 CET 2006

Hello, Thank you for the reply.

I commented out the Pmw import and still have the same results.

I usually run the program through  Eclipse with the Pydev plugin.  But I
also have tried running it by bringing up a window console and I have the
same result.  So I don't think it is a problem is with the IDE.

This morning I ran the program on a different computer and still was able to
reproduce on a different computer.  One thing to note is that this morning
the computer is a P4 2.8 Ghz machine.  It took much longer to destroy the
root window.  (The first time I would say 20 times, but after the first
time, it only took 4 or 5 times to do it a second time)  The other computer
is a P4 1.8 Ghz, it takes fewer times.  Could it be a race condition?

Thank you again for your response.