[Tkinter-discuss] Re: Tkinter screen saver?

Roland Kwee kweelist at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 11 14:27:00 CEST 2004

I am not making a screen saver, but a photo viewer.
While overrideredirect(1) is great for going fullscreen,
it doesn't seem possible to bind a keyboard event, e.g.,
to go to the next photo, or exit fullscreen mode.
It seems that only mouse events work with overrideredirect(1),
but then I need to display a button.
How can we make, say, the escape button end fullscreen mode?

Thanks in advance, Roland