[Tkinter-discuss] Re: Listbox selection issue

Michael Lange klappnase at web.de
Tue Apr 20 06:52:26 EDT 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 23:26:26 +0200
"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:

> Michael Lange wrote:
>
> >         # where the corner of the listbox is relative to the screen:
> >         x_org = self.listbox.winfo_rootx()
> >         y_org = self.listbox.winfo_rooty()
> >         # where the pointer is relative to the listbox widget:
> >         x = event.x_root - x_org
> >         y = event.y_root - y_org
>
> any reason you cannot just do
>
>         x = event.x
>         y = event.y
>
> ?
>
> </F>

Oops!

Thanks, not really, it seems.
The reason I did so was that I "stole" the whole part of the function you quoted
(including the comments) from someone who used it in a canvas widget without
thinking very much about it and adapted it for my listbox method; well, at least
the complicated way works, too;-)

Best regards