[stdlib-sig] logging

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Sep 18 10:40:46 CEST 2009

Le vendredi 18 septembre 2009 à 08:18 +0000, Vinay Sajip a écrit :
> Despite having shared state, AFAIK the
> logging module is quite usable in a web context - as well as the usage with
> Django and Tornado that I mentioned earlier, Google App Engine uses it too
> (meaning, all the web applications developed with GAE can use it).

Pylons uses it too.

While logging may not look extremely pretty, I have yet to see another
logging library that has a pretty *and* powerful API. Applications /
libraries which reinvent their own logging API usually end up with
something which is both less powerful and *not* prettier (see
twisted.log for an example).

Regards

Antoine.