[stdlib-sig] futures - a new package for asynchronous execution

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 12:06:20 CET 2009

2009/11/7 Jesse Noller <jnoller at gmail.com>:
> I obviously tend to agree with Brian; I know I've personally had to
> implement things like this plenty of times, it's relatively simple
> once you do it once or twice. This is a nice bit of syntactic sugar on
> top of the threading/multiprocessing modules.

I agree. I've implemented futures a few times, and I'd be very glad
not to have to again. I'll certainly check out the package, but I'd
like to see the functionality in the stdlib.

I'm not convinced it should go in multiprocessing, though. After all,
it uses threading rather than multiple processes.

Paul.