[Speed] merging PyPy and Python benchmark suite

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Wed Jul 25 01:51:43 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Antoine's right on this one - just use and redistribute the upstream
> components under their existing licenses. CPython itself is different
> because the PSF has chosen to reserve relicensing privileges for that,
> which requires the extra permissions granted in the contributor agreement.

But I'm talking about the benchmarks themselves, not the wholesale
inclusion of Mako, etc. (which I am not worried about since the code in the
dependencies is not edited). Can we move the PyPy benchmarks themselves
(e.g. bm_mako.py that PyPy has) over to the PSF benchmarks without getting
contributor agreements.

-Brett