[Spambayes] Teaching Spambayes

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Thu Oct 23 15:09:27 CEST 2014

Apologies for a non descriptive subject line,

After many years Spambayes has become finely tuned with maybe 1-2
misdirected emails per month. When I find a misdirected email I
engage Spambayes training page and copy the raw data to train as ham
or spam. Most of my emails are not lengthy and I copy the entire raw
data to train Spambayes.

My concern is I don't want to corrupt the database by training on a
very long email. To wit; I received a reply to an email which has
successfully been going back & forth 5-6 times, printed it would now
be perhaps 5-8 pages in length. It is important all of the replies
remain attached to the email. Today I found the reply in the spam
folder.

To properly train at this point, should I copy & paste the entire
contents of the email or should I just copy for the instance, the
initial part of the email containing the X-Header information? As
this is a good email found in the spam folder, I'm afraid that not
training on it will corrupt the database.

I will await replies before dealing with this email.

Thank you,

Gary

---