[Spambayes] HELP! Spambayes 1.0.4 NOT working

dmccunney dennis.mccunney at gmail.com
Thu May 22 18:48:32 CEST 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 10:32 AM,  <yonah at powerbreathing.com> wrote:
> Resending this e, I am using version 1.0.4
>
> Hi,
>
>  I have spent an enormous amount of time trying to get my SpamBayes 1.0.4 to
> Filter.
>
> I had XP before and it worked great. But now with my new computer & Windows
> 8, I can't get it to filter. Have reinstalled it twice):
>
> Please help.

You have two possible issues:

1. The Windows permissions model changed in Vista/Win7/Win8.
Spambayes cannot be installed in the default location, because Windows
won't let it run from there.  You must install it somewhere else, like
C:\Spambayes

2. SpamBayes is a 32 bit plugin.  If you are using a 64 bit version of
Office, it cannot install as a plugin in Outlook, because 32 bit
plugins don't work in 64 bit applications.  If you run 64 bit Office,
you must install SpamBayes as a proxy server between your ISP
connection and Outlook.

> Yonah Offner
______
Dennis