[Spambayes] I get exactly the same error message, will try reinstall, just FYI

Peter Liepmann PeterL at hvc.RR.com
Sun Mar 18 07:56:43 CET 2012

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/spambayes/2011-February/022961.html

Using SB as proxy server for Thunderbird 10.0.2.  Has been working
flawlessly for years.

I moved to SoCal, and figured I could speed up getting my mail if I
used the local Roadrunner POP3 server instead of one across the country.
I added the new POP3 server in the config page, hit save, and got the
same error as reported above:
500 Server error
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "spambayes\Dibbler.pyo", line 476, in found_terminator
   File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyo", line 883, in onChangeopts
   File "spambayes\ProxyUI.pyo", line 569, in reReadOptions
   File "sb_server.pyo", line 981, in _recreateState
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'state' referenced before assignment

Now what's really interesting is, I looked in *sb_server.py*, and the
next line after "*def _recreateState():*"
  is already    "global state"  indented  4 spaces as requested.  Hm.

Now no longer pulling down new emails, even on the 'review messages'
web page.
I tried changing the POP3 server back, but no joy.  I'm posting this
ONLY FYI.  I'm going to try reinstalling and see if that fixes
things.   Will post more if interesting.
I love SpamBayes, have been using it for years.
SpamBayes Proxy Version 1.1b2 (March 6, 2010)  (This odd version
probably installed with ThunderBayes?)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0

Thanks for a great product.
VWFeature