[Spambayes] SpamBayes Digest, Vol 145, Issue 6

Brian C. Jackson bjackson at intersite.com
Sat Sep 18 17:01:52 CEST 2010

Hello:

>1. Does Spambayes work with Windows 7?

In my limited experience, I'd say that it does.  I'm running SpamBayes
on a workstation loaded with Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit version, and
with Outlook 2003.  The combination appears to be solid.

I was unsuccessful in transporting the database from the machine that
this new configuration replaced.  I had to retrain using stored SPAM and
HAM.

I also found it really didn't work very well until I put Outlook in the
"cached" mode with regards to how it interacts with the Exchange server
(in this case a component of Server 2003, Small Business Ed.

Kindest regards,

Brian C. Jackson
B. C. Jackson Engineering, Inc.