[Spambayes] Can spambayes reject a message back to its sender?

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at vangasse.eu
Wed Dec 1 18:06:21 CET 2010

On Tue, November 30, 2010 19:09, skip at pobox.com wrote:

>     Stuart> I've been using spambayes for a couple of years to really good
>     Stuart> effect with Outlook 2003.
>
>     Stuart> Yesterday I accidentally clicked "spam" on a message that
> wasn't
>     Stuart> spam. Today that person has told me his messages to be are
>     Stuart> returned "you do not have permission to sent to this
>     Stuart> recipient". All other mail is coming as normal.
>
> That must be an Outlook feature.  SpamBayes does nothing other than
> compute
> a spamminess score for the messages it's fed.
>
>     Stuart> * Does everyone on the spam list get a refusal to deliver
>     Stuart>   messages? I thought the messages just went into the spam
>     Stuart>   folder.
>
> I don't use Outlook, but in my environment, SpamBayes adds a header to
> the message with the computed score, then further downstream procmail
> tosses the message in the appropriate folder.

You can untrain a false positive by locating it in the spam folder and
marking it as ham.

Concerning the error message, that is not even an Outlook feature. It is a
typical Exchange error message. Spambayes certainly has no influence at
all on Exchange. It can only be a coincidence that these messages started
around the same time.

Ask your (or his) Exchange administrator for more information.

--
Amedee