[Spambayes] Spambayes needs admin privileges to install

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon May 4 21:09:16 CEST 2009

    > But I just explained! The installer needs administrative privileges to
    > run! Perhaps you didn't notice the mail subject? ;-)

Read the subject carefully.  It's vague in what it refers to.  It can just
as easily be interpreted as

    "installing spambayes [from source] requires admin privileges"

as

    "installing spambayes [using the binary installer] requires admin
    privileges"

Your note seemed mostly about installing from a zip archive so I interpreted
the subject as somehow needing admin privileges to install from source.

Skip