[Spambayes] spam scoring question/problem

John Giglio jgiglio1 at cox.net
Sun Mar 29 15:11:59 CEST 2009

hi

I've used Spambayes for about 3 years with great success.  I recently
reinstalled it after having to rebuild my desktop, and I now find that it
puts messages with spam scores as low as 0 into the Junk email folder, even
though I have it set to classify only messages that score 90 or above as
certain spam and put them in the Junk email folder, and messages with a
score of 15 or above are classified as suspected spam and put in the Junk
Suspects folder.

I followed the usual process of retraining it with messages that I had
previously retained that were known "good" and known "spam", but it now
routinely puts messages that I trained it to identify as "good" into the
Junk email folder.  I recover those messages, and have it set to train that
when I recover a message from the Junk email folder to classify it as good,
but it continues to put messages with scores of zero in the Junk email
folder.

I checked to see that I had the latest version of the software, and do.  any
suggestions?

John