[Spambayes] Reset for an Outlook e-mail account

Michael Kallay michael at kallay.net
Sat Mar 21 18:24:25 CET 2009

I use your product and I love it!  I have sent you a donation sometime in
the past.  I will be happy to send another one if you help me with the
following.  (I know that bribe is not needed, but I write software for a
living and I like my work to be appreciated).

I use SpamBayes with MS Outlook 2003 and it works for me.  My wife has
separate Windows and Outlook accounts on the same (Windows XP) computer, and
her SpamBayes has stopped working.  It may have something to do with the
fact that she had somehow deleted the Junk Suspects folder, but God knows
what else she might have done.  The Delete As Spam button is still there, it
doesn't do anything.  The Recover button is gone.  Her COM Addins list is
empty.  (Lookout is missing as well, how did she do that?)

Trying to extrapolate from the COM Addins list in my account, I tried to Add
your Outlook_addin.dll but that doesn't do anything.  The dialog seems to
expect a .exe file.

I could remove the entire program and download and reinstall it, but I fear
that I may then lose the information that my copy has already learned about
spam.

Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Michael